This event has been cancelled. We will keep you updated on future braze schools.
Lucas Milhaupt, Inc. (Cudahy, WI) a subsidiary of Steel Partners, offers a state-of-the-art regional brazing course entitled “Fundamentals of Brazing and Design” which offers essential theoretical aspects of brazing technology combined with real-life applications and case studies.
This two and a half day Brazing School is designed to help individuals understand variables affecting the quality of brazing and how to create a more robust process for day to day brazing operations. Lucas Milhaupt’s Regional Braze School is held twice a year in varying locations across the continental United States.
This course will cover:
- BRAZING DEFINITIONS
- How to define filler metal behavior and understand the common language of brazing when analyzing a braze process
- FILLER METALS
- Selection Criteria, Applications, and Form
- BASE MATERIALS
- Potential concerns when brazing different base metal compositions and the best practices to do so
- SIX FUNDAMENTALS OF BRAZING
- The Lucas Milhaupt core fundamentals to achieving a high integrity braze joint
- JOINT DESIGN
- How to design and configure your assembly to reduce stresses and achieve the best quality braze joints
- BRAZING CONSUMABLES
- An overview of fluxes and filler metals used in the braze industry as well as different applications and environments that call for specific consumables
- PREFORM DESIGN
- How to determine the right size preform for your application that will provide a robust joint without needlessly wasting material and money
- BRAZING FIXTURES
- How to design fixtures that will provide adequate support for braze assembles without affecting the integrity of the brazing process
- HEATING METHODS
- An overview of the different heating methods and appropriate filler metals used in brazing such as torch, induction, resistance, vacuum furnace, and more
- A review of the different types of corrosion braze joints can see in service and how to counteract the effects
- INSPECTION / BRAZING DISCONTINUITIES
- Different inspection methods that can be used to determine braze joint quality and what to look for during inspection
- BRAZE SAFETY
- How to create an environment that emphasizes safety during a brazing process
- BRAZE VIDEOS/TUTORIALS
- Video demonstrations on brazing techniques and common mistakes
This course is catered towards anyone and everyone involved in the braze process: operators, technicians, engineers, designers, quality inspectors, and managers. Each individual, regardless of their role, will learn valuable tips and techniques relevant to eliminating variability in their process and improving first pass yield. There will also be time available to review attendee applications, so please come ready to discuss your brazing process!
3799 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
Group rates are available at MGM Grand for the duration of the stay but depending on popularity may be limited.
To make your reservations, please click here: https://book.passkey.com/go/lucasm2020
If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
- $1000/person if 2+ registrants from same company
Included in Course Registration Fee
- All course materials
- Application discussion and troubleshooting
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily lunch
- Snacks and refreshments during breaks
Not Included in Course Registration Fee
- All other meals
- Travel expenses
Register for Braze School: Las Vegas